Some Nice Press for “Thurgood Marshall”
The video and song have picked up some really great press the past week:
- Stereogum premiered the video, noting “Choi’s voice is one of the most striking instruments in music today, a harsh and commanding howl that reminds me of John Darnielle, Michael Stipe, and Xiu Xiu’s Jamie Stewart but is something entirely its own. His subject matter is equally transfixing and unique, a mix of queer love songs, protest music, and savvy observations about the modern American experience.”
- Consequence of Sound picked up the song, naming it one of the Ten Best Songs of the Week, along with songs by Sia and Regina Spektor.
- Vulture called “Thurgood Marshall” one of six Best New Songs for the week.
- Above the Law (a legal blog) picked up the video and song.
- Bloomberg Big Law also happened to catch the video, calling it an “unexpectedly catchy.”